Translate

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies


In the excitement of a good buy on peanut butter, I decided to make Chocolate No-Bake Cookies.  I soon discovered that I was out of milk and decided to improvise by using condensed milk.  I have never tried using condensed milk in place of milk in a recipe and the combination of being up late and other measurements going on my measurement of liquids quadrupled the batch of No-Bakes!





I was a bit nervous as I have never made this quantity in this pan.  Slowly but surely I got the oats worked in and thankfully turned out a delicious batch of cookies....








Eight dozen actually!  This batch I experimented by adding a splash of almond extract and it gives it a very pleasant flavor.  I was delighted with the results and of course everything taste's better when you share with a friend!  I had plenty to store for later, for my family, and as a treat for my guest coming over in the morning.  In the spirit of sharing here is the recipe for Chocolate No-Bake Cookies that I use in our home;

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
2c. sugar
6 Tbsp. Cocoa (powdered)
1 Stick butter
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. dry oatmeal
pinch cinnamon (optional)


Roll out either aluminum foil or wax paper onto a clean surface.


Pre-measure the peanut butter, salt, vanilla, and oatmeal to add to pan after bringing ingredients to a boil.



Bring the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk to a rolling boil.  Boil for 1 full minute.  After 1 minute add pre-measured ingredients and stir into pot.  Remove from heat and with a spoon, spoon large drops of cookie mixture onto foil or wax paper.  Allow to cool and enjoy!
note: For some this recipe is hard to master.  Don't get discouraged!  You have to get the cooking time just right.  When it is winter here I have a harder time and cook my mixture slightly longer so they set up correctly.  Be careful though, too long and they will be crumbly, however this makes for delicious ice cream crumb toppings!


No comments: