Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

What Simple Living Means to Me

Living simply for me does not necessarily mean life is simple or easier in the literal sense of the word.  Life is simplified in a different way.  Life is more meaningful, uncomplicated and straight forward.  It encompasses my core values and what is important to me and important for my family.  It means I take time to slow down and think about life.  It means keeping what is important in sight and taking steps in the direction that will bring me closer to this.  It is learning to cook in a different way, making more thoughtful decisions about what I purchase and why.  It is placing importance on the people, not the things in my life.  Choosing simplicity has a positive impact in my life and this choice slowly affects all area's.  As I follow my values I find myself coming full circle.  The tension, anxiety, and stress of the previous lifestyle melts away and I find myself enjoying peace, calm, tranquility, and simplicity.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Excellent reminder to FOCUS! Thanks, Angela

Sue xx said...

What a lovely post, Amy xx

Years ago I read a book called Choosing Simplicity by Linda Breen Pierce and she proved how this slowing down and living a more purposeful life will lead you to become more spiritual which you are now finding out for yourself.
Ain't Life grand?
xxx

Donna said...

Lovely post,Amy :)

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Amy, I am so sorry I have not been able to leave comments recently, but my daughter was visiting from India and those moments are so precious to me. I am settling back to the routine of my life and now have the time to visit you. Your post is very interesting, as when Natasha was here nothing else mattered even thinking about Christmas went out of my head as we walked and talked and caught up with each other. I noticed another commenter spoke about a book Choosing Simplicity, I am going to see if I can source the book here in England. Have a wonderful, simplistic day. Oh yes, before I go, I love your new photo. Best Wishes Daphne

Unknown said...

Thank you to each of you for your comments. a8383, the reminder is as much to myself as anyone :) Sue, this looks like a wonderful book reference thank you! Donna, thank you so much as always :) Daphne, I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your visit and focus on your daughter Natasha, that is above all else the most important. Thank you for your compliment on my new photo as well :)

BLD in MT said...

Hooray for the peace you've found in simplicity! Everyone should be so lucky as to realize it is so within everyone's grasp. I feel so blessed to be so joyfilled by these simple, little things that make up my day.

Unknown said...

I could not agree with you more BLD in MT :)