Translate

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Enjoying the View

Winter has been fairly mild here so far, but that being said for some reason I am looking forward to Spring more so than I have in previous years.   I need to be patient because our true winter weather usually comes just before spring.


We have been having gorgeous sunsets lately and I would love to capture them all.  They are such a vibrant display of color.  On these drab winter days, I never tire of the beautiful colors of the sunrise and sunset.   They only last a short while but are a spectacular show of God's handiwork! They are a special treat for a few moments each day.
Another sight I never tire of seeing, is our little flock of Chickens!  This is part of our flock.  These girls and our Rooster always  bring a smile to my face.  I love watching them out the window and their silliness during the day.  They free range around our house, and when we go out to feed they race us to their coop.  They all stick together for the most part and every so often they all make a mad dash together across the yard to the safety of their little fenced in area if they hear something they don't like.  One by one they come back out when the coast is clear.  Our Mallard has no idea that he is a duck and when I count our chickens each day, he is just one of the flock.
This past weekend we were blessed with amazing warm weather.  Though I have plenty here to do, I chose to go exploring with my daughter and it was time well spent.  The chores will be here at home for the rest of my life, but our children will not.  We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon together soaking up the warmth of the sun, laughing, talking, exploring, and making  memories.  I couldn't ask for a better day!

1 comment:

Rose said...

It's lovely to hear the content and happiness in your writing voice Amy.