Translate

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Simple Spaghetti Sauce

Spaghetti in our house is a perfect meal to put together when guests drop in.  Most children love it and it is so simple to make.  I never panic or feel antsy when it is meal time and I have unexpected  guests.  I invite them to stay for supper and put on a big pot of spaghetti.  No it's not elaborate but that's not the point.  Sharing a delicious tasting meal and enjoying the company of good friends is the point.  Spaghetti it is!  I can easily add as little or as much ingredients to feed everyone that happens to be in our home at meal time.  Usually the ingredients I need for a meal I have on hand.  Mmmm, I can smell the sauce simmering away on the stove right now, the hint of garlic in the air, and I can see the golden color of the noodles in the boiling water.  The kids come in one by one saying "Yum! What's for dinner?"


Simple Spaghetti Sauce

1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 TBSP. each of Oregano, Basil, Rosemary ground *
1 onion minced
1 TBSP. very thinly diced garlic
1 lb. ground beef

In a large sauce pan, brown ground beef, drain if necessary.  Add onion and garlic.  Saute' for a few minutes until onions start to become clear.  Add freshly ground spices and sauce.  Simmer in pan for 5-10 min. Giving the flavors a chance to meld.  Enjoy!

* I use dried herbs.  Then I put them in an electric coffee grinder just before using them in my recipe's.  It releases the flavor so much more and is very finely ground.  I use this grinder only for this purpose.

No comments: