Translate

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Treasure Hunting

Today I went treasure hunting!  I am looking for a small bookshelf to put my cookbooks on and decided to go through several local antique/flea markets and see if I could locate one that would work.  I did not find a bookshelf.  However I did find a treasure!!!



This beautiful wooden bowl was just waiting for me to discover it.  I have no idea how old it is but I love the worn look it has like it has been used faithfully in someones kitchen over the years.  I envision using it to hold my fabric bits while I am sewing.  Right now it is gracing my kitchen table because it is just so beautiful to look at.  Later I will clean and put some protective wood wax on it to help with the dryness and protect it from further cracking.  I'll solve the shelf problem another day.  For now I'm enjoying my wonderful unexpected treasure.

No comments: