Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life in the File Cabinet

I have been working steadily to catch up on laundry and have the last of it on the line drying.  It feels so good to be caught up.  When I am finished with a task I look around and see if there is anything else that I need to spend some extra time working on.  One task that needed my attention is the filing cabinet.  I have years of papers that needed sorting and disposed of.  A lot of the papers were irrrelevant and needed shredding as they had personal information on them.
A lot of the papers in the cabinet were older than ten years and as I sorted through the folders I was able to also go back in time to what we were doing in our lives at that time.  Both financially and physically.  I saw trends in our life when we were busy paying off debt and times when most if not all of our income was going toward remodeling a home.  I looked at the children's artwork and school papers and remembered what they were doing in school and the activities and certificates they received and I could see them proudly singing for a musical at school or receiving an award at their awards ceremony.  Our life was in that cabinet tucked away  here and there in different folders.  Above all was the common thread of family.  Everything was joined by our goals for our family and the work and effort to meet those goals and raise healthy happy children and to provide a nurturing and loving environment for our DD's.  Many goals have changed and evolved along the way as we are raising our DD's.  It was an interesting insight into our lives from the file cabinet.  I'm curious to see how our lives will change in the future.  I do know one thing, I will not be accumulating another ten years worth of papers in that cabinet!  Above all else, no matter what we are doing in our lives, no matter what our goal is, our family is the most important by far.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm in the process of doing this too ... A huge job! Well done! Just arrived from down to earth ...

Unknown said...

Thank you Fiona and welcome I am so glad that you are here. Good luck to you as you finish this big job. The satisfaction of cleaning out all this paperwork is so rewarding :) Have a wonderful weekend :)