Translate

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The New Improved Creative Space

There are still a few loose ends, but....I am calling this room finished for now. We really worked super hard this past week and sorted through an amazing amount.  The counter tops are down but not anchored yet.  We have books resting on the corner mitered seams weighing down an area that seems a bit bowed.  Our structure is level thanks to my husbands attention to detail.  Despite the counter not being anchored and the window trim not yet replaced....I moved in! lol  I am still in the process of sorting and putting things away so the counter tops are more cluttered than they would normally be.  I am a clean surface girl, however this is not a museum and I plan on having works in progress going on most of the time.
 The fabrics in several piles to the left I am working on folding around cards and making mini fabric bolts that will go up on the top shelf  of material yardage.  The drawer system on the bottom right holds fabric scraps that are sorted by color and stored in gallon size zip lock bags in the drawers.  The sewing machines stow away perfectly in their cases and I have a tote of  quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.  The fabric bag on the white lid tote is the recycled jean quilt that I posted about at the beginning of my blog that needs to be finished.  One day soon :)
 I make a lot of small projects with hand applique and this shelf was by special request.  My husband put this in to fit fat quarters perfectly right above my work space.  I am not a very tall person and I am able to put all of my f.q. right at arms reach.  I love standing in front of all of the fabrics, and scrap book supplies.  I feel so inspired.
I am so thankful to my husband for all of his hard work.  It is my dream space to work in and I am so thankful to have such an expanse of space to create and work on our family albums, sewing projects and quilts.  Ok....I have creating to do :)  Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work space looks lovely! As I read your post it reminded me that while I don't generally enjoy housework at all, I simply love reorganising my work room - sorting through books, tidying my fabrics and threads, looking through cross stitch patterns etc. I always find something I've forgotten and always get inspired to try something new. It's such fun being in that space!
Anne

Sil said...

Your sewing room is amazing! I don't have a room for sewing.
Thanks for stopping, and sorry about my english!

Donna said...

Fabulous!It's so nice to be surrounded by things you love! Great job on the countertops. Your cat seems to be enjoying the space as well :)

Unknown said...

Anne; Welcome and thank you very much for your comment. I also love to have a place for everything and in turn I have found that it makes my housework that much easier. I did find some forgotten treasures :)

Silvana; Thank you for your comment and welcome. Please do not apologize for your English. I think you do very well :)

Donna; It is liberating to look up and have all the things I love organized and in place!!! Thank you for your compliments on the counter tops, I'm very anxious to get them fastened down and put the books back in the shelves :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I absolutely LOVE your amazingly large work space! And, I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things you create there...

Unknown said...

Deb; Welcome and thank you very much for your warm compliments I appreciate them very much :)

BLD in MT said...

What a wonderful space!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much, it has been a true joy to work in this space :)