Translate

Saturday, December 1, 2012

People's Puppy Chow

Yesterday I made these delicious treats for a get together.  As I try and cook and convert my recipes to all things I can make at home I was seriously wondering how on earth I would duplicate corn chex cereal for things like this!  If I am at least limiting pre made items for now I will be happy.  Balance I keep telling myself..... this is called puppy chow.
 People's Puppy Chow
1 14 oz. box of corn chex cereal
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick butter
2c. powdered sugar

Melt butter, then chocolate chips and peanut butter all together in a large pan.  When completely melted add the box of corn chex.  Stir to coat as much as possible with the chocolate mixture.  Put one cup of powdered sugar in a very large bowl, pour in chocolate covered mixture, and add the remaining cup of powdered sugar.  Put tight fitting lid on bow and shake to sift sugar over all of the coated cereal.  It may be necessary to add more sugar to coat cereal.

I hadn't made scones for a while and decided they were a perfect Friday morning breakfast for the girls and I.  Yum!

Today we will be taking down Thanksgiving decorations and trimming the tree for Christmas and decking the halls!  My dd2 has been excitedly anticipating this all week.  Have a wonderful weekend :)

3 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Those scones look amazing! Enjoy the decorating & tree trimming... I think I'll be doing most of mine solo this year. Maybe I can persuade my 17 y/o son to help with the tree. At any rate, I'm quilting all weekend and will start in on the house during the week.

Donna said...

Yummy!
I could make Puppy Chow gluten free for hubby,since corn chex is gluten free. I would have to switch peanut butter for sunflower seed butter,but it should be just as good.
The scones look great. I have been wanting to make them,but I always hate to make things that Rick can't eat,even though he always assures me that it's OK to do so.

Unknown said...

Thank you Deb and Donna :) Donna I wonder if gluten free flour would work for making the scones. I will include a recipe for the scones in my next post and possible you could adapt it? :)