Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Reminiscing

Tonight as I spent some time tidying up my sewing room after returning home from my quilting beehive, I was thinking about quilt camp and reminiscing.  I have been so busy since returning home that I feel I have barely had time to catch my breath!  I remembered that I took some pictures that I wanted to share with you.  This is my favorite of all that I took while I was gone.
I cannot properly convey the feeling of calm and peace when I am here.  We had an early snow storm hit and I wondered outside to enjoy the scenery and capture some special pictures of the place we have all enjoyed for so many years.  I am so thankful that we are able to come here and spend time.  It is my reprieve from the hustle and bustle of life.  From the moment I leave the city on that last stretch of highway through the rolling hills, I am at ease and I can feel myself relax in anticipation of the quiet and solitude of our surroundings.  Well as much quiet as can be expected while sharing a lodge full of quilting friends :)

1 comment:

Rose said...

The bark on the tree is amazing with the snow/ice (?) in it.