Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Essence of Spring

I know I should get over the spring flowers and post something else.... but I just love the freshness and beauty of it all!  I love capturing what makes spring so beautiful to me.  In a world that can give us so many reasons to feel down, it's uplifting to look around and find joy in so many things.  It just makes my heart so happy!!!
This is a close up of what I call Crocus.  I might have the wrong name for this but, it is what I know it as.  My sweet DD brought this to me while I was outside.  I never get over the feeling of awwww when my girls bring me flowers.  So sweet and kind.
Our sweet little chicks playing hide and seek in the ivy.  They spent quite a bit of time hiding and taking a dust bath in the small bit of dirt there.  They started in the yard and found the ivy later on.  This was their first visit outside.  They really enjoyed it.  I enjoyed watching them.  I will be sad to see them go to the farm, but no matter how much I look, sadly I don't think country life is in our future.
This beautiful daffodil chose to grow between the patio and the patio pavers.  It bloomed where it was planted!  A lesson I try and follow.
I could have first cleaned this stone, but then I realized this is so realistic of real life.  Despite our blemishes and spots we love each other unconditionally and that is so beautiful.  The most important thing in my life, what I live for is my family and I am so blessed.

Enjoy your day and the beauty around you whatever season you are in :)

4 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love seeing spring online since I'm not so patiently waiting for it in real life... Lovely pictures! Please enjoy it for me too.

Rose said...

One of the advantages of a snowy cold winter is the lovely springs you get! We don't get half the flowers after our -- relatively -- warm winters.

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

I will look at all the spring flowers that you post...For me, my flowers are still buried under a few feet of snow! I try to keep in mind also, that one should bloom where they are planted.

Shanny Bananny said...

You are lucky to have flowers blooming, especially one of my favorites, the grape hyacinths (your purple ones) . None of mine have bloomed yet because it is still too cold. Last year they bloomed more than a month ago because it was such a hot, early spring. Weather! Thanks for sharing all that lovely Spring you have.