Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

A Life Well Lived

Two days after my last post, my father passed away.  He was a wonderful father, papa, and friend to all who met him.  He never met a stranger and was always willing to help those around him.  He was inspiring and never hesitated to share what he had learned if it would save someone from making a similar mistake.  He was humble and the most selfless person I have ever met in my life.  He was a great teacher.  Our last conversation we had, he was teaching me something I was concerned about.  He was very genuine, sincere, open, and honest.  He had a love for others and life.  He loved God, and his country and his fellow man, most of all his "girls" My sister, my two daughters, and myself.  This humble and selfless man will be missed every day of my life.   I am blessed that I was born to him and I couldn't imagine a better father.   The picture I am posting was taken by my youngest daughter.  It is the last known photograph of my father as he is threading his favorite fishing lure on his line.  This is from their final fishing trip a few mornings before his passing.  They loved fishing together, she was his little fishing buddy and we treasure this final photo and the memories of him that live on in our hearts.
Rest in Peace Dad & Papa
We love you
November 13, 1954~July 8, 2013

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Amy

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Amy, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. He sounds like he was a very special man and a wonderful father and grandfather.
I know there are no words that I can say to ease your sadness, but know that I am thinking of you and I am sending you my love.
With warmest wishes,
Daphne

Rose said...

What a precious photo of your Dad Amy! Isn't it great that he was doing what he loved in his last photo. Hugs to you.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'm sorry for your loss... I can tell just by reading your words how much he meant to you and your family.

Unknown said...

I wanted to make sure I came back to this post and thanked each of you for your condolences. I deeply appreciate them and your kind words have helped me immensely during this especially trying time in my lie. Our family indeed lost a treasure, but carry his kindness and love in our hearts forever. I am so thankful to be born so such a wonderful man.