Translate

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spaghetti Casserole

We have been very busy around our home.  I have taken our home clean up outdoors.  We have spent many days mowing, weeding, and tidying up our home outside and I must say it is finally getting back into shape!  I like my home and yard to be very tidy. I feel at ease when I return home to a pleasant yard and enter a nice tidy home.  It makes me instantly feel calm and at peace.

There are still many projects around our home that need completed but I have at long last came to the realization that home projects like housework are never completely finished.  There will always be things that need cared for or upkeep around your home.  I used to think that we worked really hard and got everything finished we would be able to rest and relax.  I was frustrated for years because just as we finished one task another took it's place,  I finally figured out that it's better to work toward completing a project.  The satisfaction is much better and the frustration does not mount.  It is a given that as soon as you fix and repair one item another will need your attention.  That is the nature of life.  Just as laundry never completely goes away!

I would like to share a recipe with you I created for leftover spaghetti. Yes, even spaghetti is absolutely delicious a second night.   I call it spaghetti casserole.  It is very simple and we all enjoy it very much!


Grease a large casserole pan with whatever lard you use for baking.  The spaghetti has a tendency to stick if you don't do this.


The spaghetti I have in the bowl I cut into small pieces about 2-3 inches long.  I layer this into the pan first, then the sauce, then another layer of spaghetti noodles.  Much the same way you would make a lasagna.  I usually sprinkle finely minced garlic between the layers and a dash of oregano and ground rosemary as well.   If you do not have enough leftover sauce you can add to it to make enough for the casserole.



After alternating between the spaghetti noodles and sauce I top with a generous amount of cheese whatever I have on hand and sprinkle with chopped black olives.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25min. or until the cheese is melted.  I serve this with any garlic bread that I have on hand from our spaghetti meal.  It is really good and different enough from spaghetti that you do not feel like you are having it two nights in a row.  Enjoy!

No comments: