Translate

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Out With The Old, In With The New

I have been making a special effort to provide as large of a variety of fresh healthy foods to snack on as possible.  Sometimes we just get stuck in a food rut and purchase the same types of foods like apples and banana's as snacks.  The children especially grow tired of this limited selection and I like to change things up a bit anyway to give them more experience and knowledge of different foods. 

 I purchased a large bag of delicious looking grapefruits and decided to enjoy one as a morning snack. I reached for the sugar shaker on the left to sprinkle a bit of sugar on my delicious grapefruit. The sugar was clumped together and I decided to refill the container and could not for the life of me get the top to budge!  This has happened too many times and a "new" antique cream and sugar set flashed in my head that I had purchased a few years back for when we have guests.  Needless to say if you read my post about our dish set you would know that I am tired of saving the good things for company.  So I went to the cabinet and took out the antique sugar bowl filled it up and it's so much prettier and easier to use than the old shaker style sugar dispenser.  Out with the old in with the new is actually a play on words in this case as the "old" shaker is a modern replica and the "new" sugar bowl is antique and purchased more recently.  Once again I encourage you to use what you love and enjoy and don't save everything for a special occasion.  Life is special each and every day.

No comments: