Translate

Friday, October 8, 2010

Rise and Shine

Today is an absolutely beautiful morning!  When I awoke this morning the morning sky was just beginning to lighten up, the breeze was slight but refreshing and it immediately put me in good spirits.



I try to start my day off with fruit.  I guess it's something like what coffee is to others.  This morning I decided on a breakfast smoothie.  It's a very simple combination of a whole  banana and about a cup of frozen berries.  I add about a half cup of milk to help make it smooth in the blender.  Blend that all up and I strain the berry seeds.  They annoyingly get stuck in your teeth!


Here it is!!!  A delicious berry banana smoothie.  A perfect breakfast drink to get your day going.  While I was looking out the kitchen window I remembered a special picture that I wanted to take to show you.....


This beautiful little guy catches my eye each and every morning.  Isn't it beautiful!  I will be very sad when it's little leaves fall off and it's not much more than a stick in the ground.  I love trees very much and we tend to plant new babies every year in our yard.  I am always rewarded by a beautiful display of color in the fall and the joy of watching them grow taller each and every year.  I could never understand when I was younger why older people would say things like see that tree over there, it was just this high when we planted it.  Now I understand as I have several little trees that I am so proud of that have grown and I exclaim to people myself when I show them my towering saplings... "see that tree over there".....  Have a wonderful day whatever your tasks may be today.  It's a beautiful start of a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Here in NH we are enjoying the beautiful colors of Fall.Today it won't get about 60 degrees and the sun is shining. We are near peak here,in a week or two it will be all over with. :( I love your little tree,very pretty!

Unknown said...

That sounds like perfect fall weather Donna. Someday we hope to travel up north in the fall. Enjoy it as much as you can before snow shoveling season starts :)