Translate

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Absolutely Delish!

Greetings!  I had the best of intentions of posting a Thanksgiving greeting here but truth be told I was busily preparing a feast for guests.  I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.  We were blessed to have both family and friends grace our home this year and it was truly and joyous occasion.

I look for beauty in everything and that includes the most simple objects.  Believe me this is simple... I keep my laundry soap in a decanter with a spout.  I found that the soap is too thick to properly drain out of the spout and decided since I have no troubles diluting my fabric softener that I would dilute my laundry soap and see if I had any problems with it's cleaning ability.  This is a picture of the bottle that I use to mix my soap with water and keep it on hand to refill my decanter.  I thought it was so unexpectedly beautiful as the color graduated and became almost white with miniature bubbles.

Yes this is a chocolate chip scone.  Made in my own kitchen.  Small task you ask?  Yes, it is both the most delicious scone I have eaten and very simple to make.  The big tada?  It has been on the "to do" list for longer than I care to admit...but the date I printed the recipe tells all and it was dated 06' well, obviously it was on the list a while :)  I usually purchase scones when I am back home visiting and they have skyrocketed recently and shrunk in size at the same time.  I decided tonight of all times I was going to make these as a treat for my adorable children after a stellar performance in their school Christmas musical.  I am eager for them to give me their opinion when they wake up.  My husband and I agree they are absolutely delicious. I really have no idea what took me so long to get around to making these.  We truly have missed out all this time.  I plan on making these to bring with us for visiting back home to share.   I have a feeling these will be a new family favorite!!!  Here is to tackling something on your "to do" list.

No comments: